Business Associate, Strategic Initiatives – New York
Solve complex organizational challenges from day one
Broadway Technology has limitless opportunities; we’re looking for skilled Business Associates to craft solutions to complex, unstructured problems throughout the organization. Our Business Associates partner with decision makers throughout Broadway to understand key gaps in process and policy and implement creative, strategic responses. The team critically and creatively examines our business lines, customers, competitors, addressable markets, team, operations, and finances from both qualitative and quantitative perspectives.
At Broadway, we strive to build the next generation of thought leaders. We hire outside-the-box thinkers, enthusiastic crafters, bold assumption challengers, unrelenting hypothesis testers, and brilliant self-starters—people who are naturally compelled to figure out what works, what doesn’t, and why. This is a unique chance to have a meaningful voice and impact in a welcoming, collaborative setting. We’re at an exciting stage and growing fast, so there are incredible opportunities to learn and lead right away.
- Learn Broadway’s products and services, customer profile, sales strategy, addressable markets, competitors, and marketing mix. Become deeply familiar with Broadway’s existing content, data sources, tools, and processes across varied business functions including sales, marketing, account management, product management, and finance by working closely with respective teams across the organization
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand key organizational gaps and work hands-on to fill those gaps
- Define clear milestones, track progress toward milestones, and proactively manage and communicate dependencies and timelines to ensure milestones are met on schedule. Manage inbound project requests while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and excellent customer service to constituent stakeholders
- Develop and foster relationships with constituent stakeholders. Perform ongoing re-evaluation of project plans through iterative interaction with stakeholders, developing deep expertise in how best to deliver value in the form of high-quality project outcomes
- Be 100% responsible for successful initiatives and continuous improvement from one project to the next. Proactively solicit feedback to inform evolution of work methods over time
- Conceive and propose new initiatives through exploratory research and data discovery
- Analytical thinker who prefers examining unstructured problems using both qualitative and quantitative measures and analysis methods. Highly curious about what works, what doesn’t, and why, especially as pertains to strategy and process optimization
- Collaborative partner with a service-oriented mindset towards delivering value to constituents
- Patient investigator and editor who takes personal responsibility for ensuring work output is accurate, effective, and polished
- Independent problem solver who can successfully navigate through people, process, and logistics challenges
- Dynamic relationship manager who can build trust, and manage expectations
- Team player who openly shares information, helps others, accounts for others’ feedback, and is open to new ideas
- Exceptional demonstrated communication and analysis skills
- Keen interest in acquiring business skills and understanding software technology
- Some hands-on experience with primary research and data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree; coursework in business, economics, and communications preferred
- Familiarity with software programming a plus
More about us
Broadway Technology is a software company that builds and sells low-latency distributed systems, primarily for use in financial applications like trading bonds, fiat currencies, and cryptocurrencies. Our software has powered the world’s most critical systems at top financial institutions for almost 15 years and controls well over $125 trillion in business annually.
Broadway connects people and markets all over the world. We make trading financial assets easier, faster, safer, and smarter. Don’t know finance? (Maybe just skeptical?) That’s okay! We’d love to teach you about this surprisingly innovative, wonderfully interesting, and globally important space. Diverse experiences and an openness to learn are essential to push the boundaries of financial technology.
We’re at an exciting stage and growing fast (already @ 160+ employees). In May 2017, we won $42 million in funding to expand worldwide and pursue next-generation projects across our entire technology stack. Join our team and contribute to our unfolding story.